“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
The most important question in the universe and in our entire lives is this: “Is God for real?”
The second most important question in the universe and in our entire lives flows out of the first question: “How do I live in right relationship with God?”
Let’s follow a logical path for a few moments;
- The God who created us—and everything else in the universe—who established, set in motion, and maintains, all the laws of the universe – it is He who sets the rules and procedures for living in right relationship with Him.
- If this same God actually desires to have a relationship with the human race that He created, then it is only logical that after setting the rules and procedures for living in right relationship with Him, He would make sure to clearly communicate these requirements to man (He would not keep it a secrete that only a select few would ever find, nor would He make it so difficult to understand that few could ever comprehend it).
- If you can accept the above two logical statements, then accept this: Your opinion doesn’t matter!
- The opinions of great leaders don’t matter.
- The opinions of great preachers and ministers don’t matter.
- The opinions of great scholars and writers don’t matter.
- The opinions (doctrines) of mankind’s religions and denominations don’t matter.
- None of these opinions matter, except as they line up with God’s rules and procedures as clearly given in His communicated Word – The Bible.
- The Bible is the Christian’s standard for Truth, Faith, and Practice.
OK – So what is God’s Word in regards to living in right relationship with Him? Here are just a few verses (the entire Bible speaks on this very same subject):